Monday, April 28, 2008

A Career Tainted

Today I was notified with the news that John Michael-Montgomery's hit laden country music career has been tainted by one of his primary co-songwriters.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- The father of TV comic Cheri Oteri was stabbed to death and a country songwriter has been arrested, police said Monday.

Richard William Fagan, 61, had been charged with criminal homicide in the Saturday night death of 69-year-old Gaetano Thomas Oteri, police said.

Authorities said the victim's daughter, who was on the cast of "Saturday Night Live," had been told of her father's death.

Police say Fagan and the victim were roommates.

Police said Fagan had been arrested Saturday night on a charge of driving under the influence, and shortly after he posted bail on Sunday a friend of the roommates told police their door was locked, the house appeared to be in disarray and Oteri wasn't answering the door.

Emergency medical technicians found Oteri dead in the house.

It appears that Oteri he died from a "significant laceration" to his wrist caused by Fagan's knife, police spokesman Don Aaron said.

Police said detectives found Fagan while he was still with his bail bondsman.

Jail officials say they don't have a record of an attorney for Fagan.

Fagan is listed as co-writer on hits by singer John Michael Montgomery, including "Sold (the Grundy County Auction Incident)," "Be My Baby Tonight," and "I Miss You a Little." Fagan told police his songs have been recorded by several country artists.

My 1st reaction to this article is why 61 and 69 year old men have roommates. This isn't college, or even 20-somethings fresh out of college that need to save $. These are old men, 1 of whom is the father of a former SNL alum, and the other of which wrote multi-million copy selling country hits.

My 2nd reaction is that I can now be connected to Cheri Oteri in 6 Degrees of Separation.

Degree 1: The Tycoon publishes a picture of himself as a young tyke wearing a JMM shirt and several JMM videos on Thursday February 28, 2008.

Degree 2: JMM co-wrote several of his biggest hits with Fagan.

Degree 3: Fagan kills Gaetano Thomas Oteri.

Degree 4: Gaetano Thomas Oteri is the father of Cheri Oteri.

That's it, just 4 links in the chain. We might as well be lovers. The world domination is imminent. I admit Cheri Oteri isn't the most impressive celebrity to be linked to, BUT you gotta start somewhere. We could even go 1 step further and connect me to Will Ferrell!

Finally, I thought about the resonating effect this would have on the splendid career of JMM. One can only hope that people don't assume JMM is also a knife wielding murderer since they are obviously close, having written several big hits.

We are now on Day 14 of the "Will The Tycoon Get An Offer From The Patent Office That Allows Him To Expand His Empire Into The Mid-Atlantic" watch. They keep telling me that my application is with the supervisors of the BioMedical Division, and that it's up to them as to when they'll make a decision. I think they are lying. In fact, I think "they" may just be a fake phone number some hacker put on the website to fuck with people. And even if the phone number is legit, I am questioning the existence of these mythical supervisors. I mean, does it really take this long to decide if I am one of the 400+ patent examiners they are hiring this year? You don't even have to have a law degree/bar membershit, BUT they will pay for you to go to night school to get your law degree while working with the Patent Office. Therefore, wouldn't someone with a law degree already "paid for" be pretty economically efficient? I think I officially don't understand how to get non-mini storage jobs. Engineering degree? Check. Law degree? Check. Bar membershit? Check. Job? Unqualified/over-qualified/incompetent/non-presentable/uneducated/(fill in your favor reason for being shot down). I think I'm fleeing to Cuba. Who is with me? VIVA LA MINI BORDEGAS!! We can start up a mini storages down there.

I wonder what they'd think of my blog shirt?

Speaking of blog shirts, the order are rolling in. Up to 15 or so right now. Next week I'll have the free-time to get the shirts printed and orders sent. But let me know somehow that your want one cause The Tycoon doesn't have the funds to front a bunch extra in hopes of selling them (not like it'd be hard). Also, once the shirts have been distributed, I will be accepting pictures of the shirt being worn in various places around the world! So get your digital cameras charged up loyal followers.

No comments: