Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dear Lint,

I am sorry about referring to you as an "asshole" in my last post. I meant it as a term of endearment, not that I thought you were actually one. I am sorry about that time I called you fat. I know you were just big boned and had a lot of fur. I am sorry about the time I caught you and Other Kitty making love and embarrassed you. But most of all, I am sorry I never told you I loved you.

There is an empty shoebox in my heart and by the foot of my bed waiting for you to return. It's lonely being at home now with Other Kitty and Bobblehead Greg Oden as my only remaining friends. I need you.

Love,
The Tycoon

Loyal followers, we will be holding a candlelight vigil on the MSU drill field Friday September 18, 2008, at 9 pm. Please come out and show your support for Lint's return.

And because I said I'd provide them...say "hello" to the initial installment of Tycoon Tunes. The files are all 128 AAC for optimal iPod/iTunes compatibility. If you want to bitch about less than optimal quality: "fuck you". Also, each tracklisting has been carefully crafted to maximize listening experience.

Tycoon Tunes: Jamming Beats from 2007, Vol. 1

http://www.mediafire.com/?wtjyxguiu0m


1. Panda Bear - Comfy in Nautica
2. Justice - D.A.N.C.E.
3. No Age - Everybody's Down
4. Devo - Watch Us Work It
5. Au - Boute <~~~ sweet Portland band for those of you West Coasters to peep
6. Phosphorescent - Wolves
7. Ryan Adams & the Cardinals - If I Am a Stranger
8. King Khan & the Shrines - Welfare Bread
9. LCD Soundsystem - North American Scum
10. Busdriver - Casting Agents and Cowgirls
11. C Rayz Walz & Sharkey - Electric Avenue
12. Les Savy Fav - Patty Lee
13. Animal Collective - For Reverand Green
14. A Place to Bury Strangers - Missing You
15. Radiohead - Reckoner
16. Ultra Orange & Emmanuelle - Don't Kiss Me Goodbye
17. Handsome Furs - Dead + Rural
18. Ulrich Schnauss - A Song About Hope

Tycoon Tunes: Jamming Beats from 2007, Vol. 2

http://www.mediafire.com/?d1mtol5jggo


1. Jens Lekman - And I Remember Every Kiss
2. Avey Tare & Kira Brekken - Lay Lay Off, Fosalem
3. Au Revoir Simone - Night Majestic
4. Amon Tobin - Esther's
5. Dälek - Paragraphs Relentless
6. Boris with Merzbow - Pink (live)
7. Psychedelic Horseshit - Nothing Is Revealed <~~~~~~~~ best band name ever
8. Times New Viking - Hiding in Machines
9. Carsick Cars - Zhong Nan Hai <~~~~~~~~~~ best Chinese band on the planet
10. Sonic Youth - I'm Not There
11. Liars - Pure Unevil
12. Animal Collective - Fireworks
13. Ryan Adams - Everybody Knows
14. Samamidon - Little Satchel
15. Tinariwen - Matadjem Yinmixan
16. The Fiery Furnaces - Clear Signal from Cairo
17. Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings - Answer Me
18. Okkervil River - Title Track

Tycoon Tunes: Jamming Beats from 2007, Vol. 3

http://www.mediafire.com/?d2nntnndjuf


1. No Age - Every Artist Needs a Tragedy
2. Of Montreal - Suffer for Fashion
3. Wooden Shjips - We Ask You To Ride <~~~~~~ yes the band name is spelled right
4. Chromeo - Tenderoni
5. Liars - Houseclouds
6. Panda Bear - Take Pills
7. Architecture in Helsinki - Hold Me
8. Björk - Innocence
9. Jens Lekman - A Postcard To Nina <~~~~~ this song = \m/
10. The Wombats - Lost in the Post
11. Los Campesinos! - You! Me! Dancing! <~~~~~~ really does make you want to dance
12. Black Diamond Heavies - White Bitch
13. Radiohead - Bangers & Mash
14. Arcade Fire - (Antichrist Television Blues)
15. Farah - Law of Life <~~~~~~~ my jam
16. Electrelance - Five
17. Antony & The Johnsons - Knockin' on Heaven's Door <~~~~~~ this version of this song would make Jesus cry...seriously.

Leave ratings for my Tycoon Tunes in the comments. Just remember to go easy on me, having a better music taste than you is all I got.

Come home Lint.

The Tycoon

4 comments:

The Tycoon said...

phil-
the tycoon had been drinking. along. heavily. so his coherency is not perfect. as is, 100s turned up for lint tonight.

it was very touching.

The Tycoon said...

uh...along = along.

obviously the tycoon has been drinking again.

The Tycoon said...

along = alone

good lord.

i'm not that drunk. i don't think. i mean, wow. that's bad.

though since i'm now officially unemployed (again) who can blame me if i was that drunk?

jimwtaylor said...

I think you should go apply for the Oakland Raiders head coaching job, Wade. I see you as the perfect compliment to Bob Ryan since he's obviously not going anywhere.